Dive right in! Like the weather, the Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is a scorcher
People in England are now allowed to go on their summer holidays this year, but only to countries with low-risk.
It means that holidaymakers can head to Italy, France and Spain after the Foreign Office updated its travel advice today.
Previously, the FCO warned against “all but essential” international travel due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Now it says certain destinations that no longer pose an unacceptably high risk for British travellers can be visited from July 4.
However, it added that measures exempting travellers from quarantine will not be in force until July 10.
This means that if the country or territory they are visiting is exempt, travellers will not need to self-isolate on their return to England.
However, any travel to virus-hit countries, like the US, Mexico and Brazil, will be a lot trickier.
Anyone visiting the countries that aren’t on the list will still need to self-isolate for two weeks upon arrival.
The exemptions come into effect from July 4 and will be kept under review, the FCO said in a statement online.
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said: “Today marks the next step in carefully reopening our great nation.
"Whether you are a holidaymaker ready to travel abroad or a business eager to open your doors again, this is good news for British people and great news for British businesses.
“The entire nation has worked tirelessly to get to this stage, therefore safety must remain our watch word and we will not hesitate to move quickly to protect ourselves if infection rates rise in countries we are reconnecting with.”
Existing public health advice on hand hygiene, face coverings and social distancing must also be followed.
- Travel Advice
Source: Read Full Article