The Holiday Guru tackles readers' Covid-related travel issues

I need to change my name! The Holiday Guru tackles readers’ travel issues – and reveals why the names on your passport and NHS records must match…

The Holiday Guru is always on hand to answer your questions.

This week he helps a reader who is due to travel to Mallorca but has a problem with her NHS Covid Pass.

Q. I am travelling to Mallorca in a week’s time. The name on my passport is different to the one registered with the NHS. Will this cause a problem when proving I have been double-jabbed?

Janet Fielding, via email.

Know the rules: Your passport and Covid Pass names must match to visit Palma, Mallorca

A. Yes. The Government says if the name on your passport and NHS Covid Pass differ you should contact your GP to have your NHS records updated.

It advises that you should do this at least two weeks before travel. But, as you go in a week, let’s hope this is speeded up. See ‘NHS Covid Pass’ at

Q. My travel company says we need a negative Covid test or an EU Digital Covid certificate to visit Portugal. But the Portuguese government website says a printed UK vaccination certificate is sufficient. Could you clarify?

Max Dudley, via email.

A. We have had many enquiries about this. You do need a test and do not need to prove you have had the jabs.

Q. I’m stuck in France after a PCR test came back positive. A second test also gave me a positive result.

What can I do? Do I just have to wait for a negative result before I can get home?

Mrs J. Crickmore, via email.

A. Unfortunately, yes. You will be unable to return home until you produce a negative test.

Q. My wife was about to board a Lufthansa flight in Frankfurt but was told her negative Covid test certificate was no good as it was written in German and Britain would not accept it. She could not board. Is this right?

Graham MacPherson, via email.

The Guru reveals you can be turned away from a flight if your Covid test is in the wrong language

A. Those are the rules, though they are ridiculous. English, Spanish and French are the only accepted languages. Others have been caught out by this, too.

Q. We are going to Lanzarote. Does Playa Blanca have clinics that do return Covid tests? Also, can I order ‘day two’ return tests before leaving the UK? And is Randox officially approved?

Edwina Williams, via email.

A. There are clinics at Playa Blanca. You can order ‘day two’ tests before returning. Randox is approved (

Q. My husband and I are booked to go on a Tui holiday to Agadir in Morocco on October 7. Will we be let in?

Michael and Mary Ward, Doncaster, S. Yorks.

A reader asks the Guru for advice on whether their trip to Agadir in Morocco will go ahead

A. Currently yes. You will need to show proof that you have taken a PCR test within 72 hours of travel and received a negative result, or evidence that you have been fully vaccinated.

Q. We have booked a Carnival cruise from Miami next February. We’re worried we still won’t be allowed into the U.S. then. The full amount for the cruise is due soon. Will we lose our money if we cannot go due to American rules?

Stuart McDonald, via email.

A. Find Carnival’s cancellation policy at You may cancel and get a full refund 90 days before travel — if you did not book a promotion. After that, there are penalties that rise closer to the departure date.


If you need advice, the Holiday Guru is here to answer your questions. Email us at [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article